Sunday, January 20, 2013

CQ Duo

I have been playing and playing with the CQ, so what is new?  You all  know I am so in love with this form of art, it does indeed get into our blood.   I did these two little blocks , they are 8x8 .  They are a little bigger with the velvet around them but the block itself is 8x8.  



 
 
I did add some stitching to her bodice, it just called for some bling.
 
 
The second one was fun to play with. I wasn't sure what to do with the center applique but after sewing it on thought it needed something.  I cut the tulle out of the centers and added some beaded leaves.  I am thinking you can never have to many beads.  Can you?
 
These are hung on a crystal chains and proudly displayed in my guest bathroom.  No one goes in there but I do daily just to check them out. 
 
 
Now please check our Pat Winter tutorial about the fabric books.  It is wonderful and mine is nearly finished.  I will post it on my other blog.    I am a total newbie with the fabric books but girls if you haven't tried one please try it.  Her instructions are so eazy peazy.  
 
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today.
 
XOXOXOX
Annette
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting and sharing your work. You know how we love these and makes our hearts happy for the day. xo