Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Gift of Love

It is COLD burr here today, what happened to our 80 degree weather? I guess it is not up to me to question---but I do. Sorry Mother Nature, guess you are the weather queen for sure. OK, so March is over and went out like a Lion so now ready for some pretty gentle weather. Well in West Texas it ain't so - but can wish for it, no wind, sand or tumble weeds. Mowed and edged yesterday and some of those shredded wheat looking things just tumbled into the yard. Saying Ha ha Annette here we are what ya gonna do about it? Well into the dumpster they went and the big blue dragon-aka trash truck-came and whisked them away today. So who has the last laugh now Mr. Tumble? Guess I better not be to smarty pants because they may all just come to see me when the wind blows.

I promised you the second treasure I received the other day. This arrived and I do believe it is a gift of love just pure love. The veil and headpiece of my cousin Juanita. I know I will create something so dear to the heart with this. To go along with the pretty Nottingham lace sleeves she sent. Maybe combine it with some of the delicate lace Leslie sent me. I was so overwhelmed and it made my heart so happy.

So without further ado, here it is. She also sent some more of the beautiful butterfly paper to me and the veil was wrapped in an antique Rose paper, I will not show it until it gets a special piece of art made from it. I am thinking I can photo the paper and then print up for some beautiful Crazy Quilting. What do you think?



The Edge of the fingertip veil. So delicate.

I had to do a close up of the edge of it. Whatever I make it should be stunning just from having this veil as part of it.



The sweet flowers as the head piece. Still as beautiful as they were the day she got married. Perfectly preserved.

There you go I just had to share this gift also. I am strutting around like a bantie rooster right now.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today.

XOXOX
Annette

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful treasures! Watch out for the tumbling tumbleweeds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear Annette
    Just popping in to say hello and to share in your joy of the last two parcels you have received.
    You must be feeling so full of gratitude right now.
    Such thoughtfulness means so very much doesn't it and I know you will absolutely love creating with both packages even though I personally would find it very difficult to cut into that beautiful veil.
    Hope Spring arrives soon in your part of the world!
    Cheers,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Janet, like the Sons of the Pioneers song.

    Thanks Suzy, you know the more I have thought about it I think I will just figure out something else to do with the beautiful veil. It is such a treasure. I am indeed so greatful for the pretties I received. So blessed. Yes spring we are ready. xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting and sharing your work. You know how we love these and makes our hearts happy for the day. xo