Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Lydia's Wall Hanging

Hello there again.  Well I am going to try and revamp my blog, you noticed I said try didn't you?  If not I have always heard if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Now since the last real post we have moved from Rockport Texas on the coast.  We did want an adventure and did survive Hurricane Harvey.  I did share some of the pics in earlier posts of the damage that was done there.  We knew what we went down there it was just for a while.  Well 18 months later our while was up and did find a home in Abilene Texas.

We had no idea where we were going to settle but after staying 2 weeks in Abilene during the Harvey experience we thought why not there?  The people are friendly and will say hi and not look at me like I was an alien when I visit with them.  Sometimes total strangers do that but not here.  The traffic is not fight for your life when you venture out and we have found some good eating places.   We do have to limit ourselves to maybe 2 eating out ventures a week.  We could do more but the hips scream no no no Annette.

I am fortunate to have an ART ROOM and a SEWING ROOM.  Now that is the cat's meow as a saying goes.  Two perfectly good rooms to clutter up like crazy, clean it up after a project is finished and start again.

It does take a while to get back into the grove so to speak of sewing and painting but I am doing it. You know when you move there is always things to do when you move and now the weather has turned to winter,we did have 2 or 3 days of Fall, so yard work has basically come to a screeching halt.   Yea, I love doing yard work but not 12 months out of the year.  Know what I mean?

 Now I am so blessed to have many artsy and non artsy friends.  We are on the same page of life and as said I am so blessed.  They get me and that might be scary for them but I love it.   In this wonderful group I have a twin.  Yes, she and I are cut from the same cloth as the saying goes.  This angel loves the same colors as I do and we have found so much in common during our live's path that I figured we must have been twins  in another life. She also does Crazy Quilting and very good at it. She puts fabrics together like a breeze and a great color sense to go with it all.  She had pieced 6 blocks of Halloween design and I offered to embellish them for her.  She had a lot on her plate of life at that time and you know to me the embellishing is the best part of it.  Like eating a piece of good yummy candy.


The first block I did add some glass pumpkins and lots of stitching.  Lydia puts the prettiest fabric together .  His crop of wheat is gathering the black crows and I know the corn will attract them also.




The next one I had to add one of Raviolee Dreams little appliques of a kitty and of course embellish the kitty also.  Ravoli Dreams has beautiful lace that she hand dyes and will look wonderful in any art form you chose to use it in.  
This little girl looked pretty frazzled so I thought the kitty would cheer her up.   




The next one with Lydia's pretty fabric and of course I had to really doll this lady up with shoes and all.  A garden spider had to peek in in the upper corner.





Oh oh, this next block of Lydia's almost had garden spider overload.  The girl in the block  looks like she has been thru it doesn't she?




Now this little mummy was trying to get around and I though ok maybe some crazy corn, love that stuff.  Hubby says it is pure sugar and what is wrong with that I ask?  I did find some crazy corn
"beads" at Michael's craft store.  Right up there with Hobby Lobby but not as big.   I don't get into as much trouble there as I do Hobby Lobby.  You all know what I mean.




Now last but not least is the trick or treating lady.  She doesn't notice the bat and witch's boiling cauldron I put in there.  She is busy trick or treating or maybe shopping and the pumpkin is her purse?


Now the finished piece, all the blocks put together with Lydia Talton's expertise.  She just makes all the blocks sing.  



Here is the finished wall hanging.  I loved the polka dots she edged this with and the black border just make the pieces sing.  

Oh I have to share a visit I had yesterday.  We went to Chick fil A  , wonderful chicken,  and Hubby went to the book store near by the chicken place.  I knew he would be a while, a long while so I went and stood in line.  Well ahead of me was probably 30 or more young men and women in Air Force fatigues.  I got in line and a young man behind me was standing there and you know me if they are breathing it is my duty to talk to them.  I had a great conversation with him and was a great topping of the day to me.  He said he loved my visit and learned a lot of history.  Hubby laughed when I told him that.  Well yes, he was 20 and I was 75.  A lot of history there.  Ok had to share the topping of a warm day for us.  

I better stop for the minute, I don't want to wear your eye out but will be back soon.  No telling what the subject is but you are use to that by now. 

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is happening in my world

                                                      Annette
                                                      xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting and sharing your work. You know how we love these and makes our hearts happy for the day. xo