Saturday, February 2, 2013

It's February and my block is done and done

Well here is is February already.   Seems like yesterday I was just saying that for 2012.   I have my February block done for the Crazy Quilt challenge of a block a month.  I am making mine 8 inches though instead of the 6 inches.  A little more landscape to fill.   My mother in law years ago made a fan quilt and I thought I want to do that on this little block.  If she were alive today I know she would love having some of these.  So Ona this is for you.   She wasn't a blingie lady, guess she left that to her daughter in law.  I was blingie enough for us both.  It is hard to know when to stop adding to these little treasures but here is my rendition of a fan quilt. 

Hope you enjoy looking and taking a peek at it. 

 
I tried to make soft colors here the best I could for Ona.  Her favorite color was green hence the green here. 
 
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my part of the world.  Hope you are enjoying the other members beautiful work. 
 
XOXOXO
Annette

7 comments:

  1. Your February block is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful block. I love how you created the hat/bonnet on the lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Love the ribbon under her chin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annette,

    your block ist so wunderful!

    Greatings from Germany,
    Kaludia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Fan work Annette!
    Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annette ! Thanks for coming by my blog! This is beautiful and makes me wish I could have been a part of this years challenge! I love the bonnet with the bow! Have a great week end!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting and sharing your work. You know how we love these and makes our hearts happy for the day. xo