Friday, January 31, 2014

When to say Uncle

Uncle !!!!!  One of the words you hear on TV.   When you say uncle and that means enough, I give up or I am finished.  It is funny the words we use and for different situations isn't it?

Sometimes I have a tendency to use the words wrong and dear Hubby will say you mean this don't you?   Probably  I do.   I pay attention to details, especially when I watch Movies or TV shows.  I can tell you what they had on the walls etc really important things like that.   Once, years ago mind you, I needed a new typewriter ribbon for a little manual-gasp-typewriter  my Mother In Law bought for me.   She knew I like to write about nothing but did like to write with my imagination.  Still have the typewriter by the way.   I went into the local office supply store and asked for a typewriter ribbon.  The sales lady knew me well and said what kind Annette?  I promptly said a black one.  She just laughed and said Annette only you would say that, no I need to know the make of the typewriter.  Of course I had to go back home and see the make of it.  Who would have thought you needed to know the make of if it.   I surely didn't.

I finished my February block and finally had to say UNCLE with it.  I just kept adding and adding things and every time I thought I was finished with it and announced it to my patient Hubby he would say yeah yeah I have heard that for 3 days.  He was right and finally I thought UNCLE !!! I am absolutely finished with it I just fell in love with this little block and didn't want to leave if half finished

My last post it was half finished in my book.




Soooooo with no more yacking here is the block and it's little close ups.


                                                 THE FINISHED 8 INCH BLOCK




CLOSE UP OF THE CENTER AND ALL THE LITTLE BUTTONS THAT EACH HAVE A STORY TO TELL.  THEY WERE RAIDED FROM MY BUTTON TIN FROM YEARS AGO, WHEN I USE TO SEW EVERYTHING.  
 ANOTHER VIEW OF THE CUTE LITTLE ROSES AND THE DEPRESSION GLASS BUTTONS

THE TOP OF THE HEART BUTTONS AND THE LITTLE BIRDIE HAD TO FLUTTER BY AND SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON.


JUST ANOTHER VIEW OF THE BUTTON HEART AND OF COURSE I JUST HAD TO ADD MORE PEARLS AND LITTLE PURCHASED ROSE BUDS

AN INSPIRED70'S OR EARLIER YOYO , THIS ONE I MADE WITH LACE AND SOME ORGANDY RIBBON .  I FORGET TO MAKE THESE CUTE LITTLE THINGS, I MEAN IT TAKES JUST A MINUTE TO DO IT.  


There you go some close ups of my block for February.  Now I hope this brings a tad of sunshine to your winter day.  Now I know some of you are enjoying Summers so we will send you some of our refreshing cool weather, just a tad.

  Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today.

                                                          XOXOOX
                                                            Annette

11 comments:

  1. Annette, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this - especially the heart made out of buttons. Every time I think you've created your most beautiful work of crazy quilt art you come up with something even more astonishing. You're amazing. Hugs. Linda
    P.S. Love the new banner with your adorable fairies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the new pretties on the background, I thought so pretty and didn't want to put A vs P background, might freak yall out. This is the softer side of me lol Glad you like my work I have so much to learn and catch up with y'all. Onward and upward. xooxxox

      Delete
  2. You say UNCLE! I say fabulous! So beautiful Annette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow there is no uncle about this block it is awsome
    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline, hope all is well down under and it is not to hot to create something beautiful xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh Annette! This is absolutely gorgeous!! I am learning how to crazy quilt and want to know about choosing colors of thread for the embroidery. Do you match the thread to the fabric or choose colors that contrast? I know you did some of that on this one where you put contrasting colors. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa glad you like it. Oh what an adventure you will be going on. I have been doing this now about 1 1/2 years and love it. I do have to admit that I am a traditional artist also so just another wonderful media to me. Ok here is my loosey goosey way I do it. I pick out a ciggie and most of the time let that be my guide as to the colors I use. Now I say most of the time sometimes it is a darker version or a color that goes with the ciggie. I have been using my fairies I paint lately for my ciggies. Then I always put some lace or appliques here and there to help with the composition, if I don't have a dyed appliques it gets to be covered in beads and then it goes with it. I try usually to use the thread colors to contrast on the fabric so it won't just fade away. My beads as you can tell I just have fun and keep going on them to me that is what brings the piece life. Now as Pat Winter says just use the colors you like and go from there so I basically do that. On my cover of the 2013 CQJP in an earlier post I did follow the ciggie colors pretty much. When they are piece with no lace or beads I think they are pure ugly but with each step they come to life. I hope this helped some . Maybe as you go you will ask more, like I said I am a baby at this beautiful art form. This piece I just wanted to use red and white and of course the pretty brighter green. Hugs and thanks for peeking

      Delete
  5. Wow love your crazy work. Its just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Susan, just went to your blog and wow that quilt you have been working on for 3 years is awesome. oxxo

      Delete
  6. I love this February block Annette! Beautiful! One of my Fav's:)
    Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting and sharing your work. You know how we love these and makes our hearts happy for the day. xo