Friday, March 27, 2020

Alice and her world

Hello there.  A lot has happened since my last post hasn't it?  Wow.   I hope all are just taking the advantage of the down time and enjoying it to the fullest. Old fashion family time.

I just thought OMG my peeps in blog world. I did promise to show you how Alice is coming along and another recipe or two.

I do love the cooking challenge I am doing now, converting my favorite recipes into Diabetic recipes.  I am going to put into parentheses what the recipe really calls for.  Interesting for sure for me and Hubby loves it what I have been cooking. He has gone from an 8 A1c to just this week 5.3   just since December.  I am proud of that awesome hubby.

Now for Alice, I have gotten all of the blue trim around all the rest of the blocks and all have been embellished.  I thought I might just do the same, like the blue around them all to tie them together.  Then embellish them all at one time.  So did it.  Slow process but one day it will all be done.  I don't have the lace on the other blocks yet but getting there.

On this one, it is the facing page with the visit from the Caterpillar.  A short note will go in each pocket about the scene.  I found the more modern pics of Alice and liked them but still like the original ones the best.  So I thought ok Annette just combine them with this wonky fabric.  Still different but the colors go and is a different story for sure.

Be sure and click on the images to see closer if you chose.

Alice probably wondering what in the world is going on 
The finished block, the camera strap had to get in the pic.  I guess it just couldn't stand it all Alice and no camera strap notation.  
Alice with the Dodo bird.  these were just to much fun to create.





 I bet you can guess then what I have been working on with my needle work.  Between the needle work, painting and spring yard work I have not been idle.  The yard work has just really started so I haven't done to much YET!

Our new neighborhood has a lot of young families in it and this Saturday they are having a Chalk Walk where whoever wants to can draw on their sidewalks and drives for others to see.  All being the social distance away from each other.  I had donated all my sidewalk chalk when we moved here so I thought oh well.  Well a sweet lady out here had a lot of chalk so you know who is going to do some decorating outside in the morning.  I wanted to do today but suppose to rain.  We will see and will share with you next trip here.  I did a practice drawing last night and thought this is fun.  

Other than adding a new recipe I am off for the moment.  This one will be under vegetables and one under meats  ( on my other blog, the sister of this one, annettegraves.blogspot.com   I have some tabs at the top with a few recipes,  Getting more but right now a few.  I didn't want yall to be left out) Thank you for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today.

                                                        XOXOXO
                                                          Annette



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting and sharing your work. You know how we love these and makes our hearts happy for the day. xo