Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Butterfly

Hi there and hope all are well and just enjoying your home time.  Be so happy you have a home full of love wherever you are.  We feel fortunate that we have each other and our Fur baby who barks so loud in the house when someone is outside.  How dare they walk in the street, that is his area.   Even a bird better not fly over his yard.  He only barks once maybe twice but so loud I am sure y'all can here it.

Our new neighborhood, hopefully our home for 22 more years and then will be 100 and we won't care, encourages the children to have things drawn on the sidewalks.  Something for people to look at when they do the walking or bike riding or jogging.  They didn't have an age limit so I chose to play also.   I didn't have any sidewalk chalk, I had donated it all and some were bright colors, but one of the ladies out here had a herd of it and gave me a box.  The only thing it is pastel colors but hey what is the saying don't look a gift horse  in the mouth.   I think I got that saying right.   Maybe.

So here is a few pics hubby took of me while doing this fun thing.  I wasn't quite sure of it but did look on pinterest. Lots of ideas there.  While drawing the butterfly this young man about 10 ish walked by with his dog and said how beautiful.  Well that is enough for me. I said thank you and thought I am going to continue this for quite awhile.  The 3D looking stuff is awesome and I did a practice one on the back patio.   Gotta do those also.


Here I am nearly finished.  Kind of.   I did draw it standing up and taped the chalk to a yard stick and didn't have to bend over all the time.  I had to sit on the little yellow stool though, it would have been an ugly site seeing me get up off of the drive way.  Really ugly.  And I did want to walk and move around the rest of the day.  No really !!!!!



Close up of the butterfly.  I did have some charcoal, a lot that I won, so I outlined the circles and other things on the butterfly.  Made it stand out better.



Of course I had to say something and did a pretty on the front part of the drive.    After we get a rain, laughing here, we will power wash this and I will do something else.  I have several things in mind.   I hope to improve in my sidewalk drawing also.  

There you go and thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world.

                                                           XOXO
                                                          Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting and sharing your work. You know how we love these and makes our hearts happy for the day. xo