Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Start of Something Pretty

I just couldn't stand it, I had to show you what I am working on.   Well some of what I am working on at the moment.    Now that baseball is over I just Crazy Quilt and sketch at night while watching our TV shows, hubby and I.

I had made one fantabulous pillow, in my opinion for our bed.  So I was thinking our little love seat in our bedroom is drab so why not spiffy it up with a go with pillow?  I am fixin to start doing the fun fun part----BEADS-  but had to show one or two parts  of it. 

Don't know if you remember about the jackpost estate sales we went to hear a while back, where I found the beautiful earrings for $2.   I had to have a long talk with myself and say ~ Annette you promised the daughters of the lady you purchased the earrings from that you would make something pretty using them.  So I finally gave in to my promise and added it here to the hat of the ciggie on my pillow.


So here we go, the pin I thought makes a wonderful addition to my victorian gal.  I know those hats were probably heavy any way so might as well add some more BLING !!!  I am not through adding goodies to her or the pillow, oh no the pillow needs to weigh what 100 pounds before I  finish one.   I know I get carried away with the stuff but it is just so pretty.

Now also remembering back when Hubby found a beaded dress for $5 at another estate sale that same day, I thought about selling it on ebay or some such place and thought no I want to use it and every bit of it.  So I cut, oh I did hate to do it, but the dress  was a size nothing and I knew I would never need it so my pillow is now sporting some pearls and pretty from the dress.  I had promised the dress that I would make it happy.


Here you go part of a sleeve.  Already beaded and sequined, I think it goes perfect with my pillow and have given it a good home. 

I have another pillow I just started for grandaughter, she changes colors so often but I went ahead and started one for her, but you can see it later.  I have sewn the lace on it and fixing to get it to the point of where this one is and then I can BEAD to my hearts content.

There you go just couldn't wait to show yall what is going on in my world this week. 

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world. 

                                                XOXO
                                               Annette

7 comments:

  1. Oh Annette... So beautiful already..Cant wait to see the finished product. Love that you are being creative with the vintage pieces of jewelry and dress sleeve..it will be a conversation piece for you with lil stories to tell. I love things with a little history and memories behind them.
    Have a wonderful day..and thankyou for giving us a little peek ;) ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Shannon I am just so hooked on this CQ creating and I try to make myself to some mixed media things a couple of times a week so I won't get burned out. Love what you are selling there girl. hugs A

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Annette, You are getting to be a professional at this, I think you found your calling!
    I can't wait to get back to my CQing but I'm waiting for my new glasses, I think they will be ready this week as it does help to see those small beads, lol
    Hugs and thinking about you my friend:) Marilou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilou, I probably need some glasses, still don't wear them at the end of the day I do use my wal-mart cheaters for probably the last hour. Especially if I have been painting tradionally or digitally. I know a doctor would say you are wearing your eyes out. lol hugs and get to sewing Marilou xo

      Delete
  3. This is going to be drop dead gorgeous! Love the earring on the hat and the beautiful beading on the portion of that dress. It is hard to cut into those things, but you are putting it to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annette, the beading is absolutely gorgeous. I can hardly wait to see how this pillow turns out. Like, Marilou, I too an so wishing I could get back to my CQing. Too many things going on. Hope to start some Xmas gifts soon. Have a wonderful week. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You are a crazy quilting machine!Happy Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting and sharing your work. You know how we love these and makes our hearts happy for the day. xo