Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Trip continued

If you can't find my post from yesterday it was deleted. I accidentally posted it while trying to add text. Sorry. Anyway, I received a phone call from a friend and we talked for almost two hours then I just didn't re post last night.
Now, where was I?
After visiting with Tish for a while we went to lunch at a new place in town, "High Street House" that has wonderful Artisan breads. If you are in the area, I recommend it. I had to buy a loaf to take home.
 I tried to duplicate the "Bird" sandwich yesterday using chicken, romaine,avocado and mayo with the crusty wheat bread....yum!
We went back to the shop and talked until dinner time. Then Tish took me to a fun place where women frequent. I had the crab cakes which were very good but a large serving. Their presentation is nice and they grow their own fresh herbs right out back. I forgot the name....whoops! Of course we had to finish the day off with frozen custard. Oh my! It was so rich and I was just stuffed and couldn't finish it. We sat in the park and it was so nice to be there with Tish hanging out.
I had the pleasure of meeting Tisha's neighbor, Terry, who is truly a sweet lady and is such a great friend to Tish. I'm happy to know she has such a person close by. I also got to meet Rebecca Eiben, a talented crazy quilter. She brought in her project and blew me away. I can't share just yet because it will be the Winter cover for CQG magazine. Just be prepared for some eye candy!!!! My dear friend Jan Obertein came by also and the four of us had lunch at the herbal restaurant again. We dined on these and shared delicious deserts.
 I was hoping to shed a pound throughout the week, but.....
The next day I got to accompany Tish to her stitching group and meet, "The Gals." They were so sweet and so much fun. I envy Tish for having such a group to share with. Great ladies, and you will see their work and hear more about them in the magazine soon. Tish took me on a tour of one of the gal's homes she just sold. It was unbelievable. The sun room faced the lake and the doors were wide open letting the gentle cool breeze flow in . The mansion house was old and extremely well cared for with various levels of patio and stairs out back. I still have dreams of it. That evening I was treated to a fabulous dinner with Tish and her DH, Donald. Talk about making you feel comfortable! That is something I have problems with but not with them. Their warm home was filled with Tiffany lamps and I tried hard not to drool on anything. It was a fun time, lots of laughter.

I headed off to spend a couple days with Jan. This was the purse I made for her.

I met Jan's sweet husband Jim and really enjoyed spending time chatting with him. Again, they made me feel part of the family. Their home is so bright with several ceiling windows (sorry, I forgot what they are called) and Jan has a big arch window in her beautiful studio. We had a great time together. We went to Haberman Fabrics. It was A-mazing! I was overwhelmed and had a hard time focusing. I did find some treasures though. I got to meet the owner and the staff was so nice. Then we stopped at an totally awesome bead shop that we spent about two hours browsing. We found several flower and leaf beads and had to tear ourselves away.

  Jan showed me some of her gorgeous past homes in the area and we drove by Blue Water Bridge that leads to Canada. It kind of made me feel a bit emotional which I hid very well I think. The water was beautiful, and although I have a fear of bridges today, it was beautiful to see a part of my past.
I traveled that bridge many times during my childhood on our camping trips. My father loved taking his baby blue boat to CA to fish. Such memories of the bear in our camp, feeding squirrels peanut butter from plastic spoons, souvenirs of Indian dolls, canoe's, bark pencils and a new fishing lure each year. Yes, I was proud to be a tom girl!
Jan took me to an antique shop where I found a dish to alter. Jan is making some really neat projects which I will share at a later time. It gave me a reason to drag out my soldering iron again...as for time? I will work it in as I sleep I guess. 

Saturday morning after a nice visit with Jan and her sweet Husband....who cleaned my windshield before I departed....I headed back to Tisha's for my last farewell before heading home. I can't thank them enough for sharing their beautiful home with me. Jan paints china so you can imagine the beauty sprinkled about her home. She gifted me with one of her plates as I left. Treasures from the heart.

It was hard to say goodbye to my Michigan friends but mom was awaiting my return. Unfortunately I missed out on a pig roast the High Street House was hosting. I would have loved to sit in the park and enjoy it with Tish and Donald. When I arrived home we had a storm and we lost our power so I just took a bubble bath and called it a day. I walked to the front porch the next morning to find my Wisteria in bloom again. What a wonderful welcome home greeting!


As you can imagine, there is much more to my adventure and before I write a book, I will end it here. I had the most wonderful time and it was something I will tuck away in my memory and cherish forever. Thank you so much Tish and Donald, Jan and Jim. I had such a wonderful time with you all.


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful trip pat with such treasured memories, you are truly blesses:) Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you for sharing to us, I feel like we were there with you. You can write a book this great anytime you want. Now I can't wait until the Winter magazine. I bet it will be a wonderful eye candy for us all.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops! I meant to post this to my blog. I'm so sorry everyone. Geez Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, what a wonderful trip you had. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, especially Tish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, what a wonderful trip you had. Loved reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting and sharing your work. You know how we love these and makes our hearts happy for the day. xo